Movember is back! If you think facial hair is just for burly lumberjacks - think again! This year at Aveda Congress, an International hairstyling hair show, Juut did a segment of men with structured, trimmed beards as part of our showcase. The trendy, tailored, bearded men were a hit! We drew inspiration for our Movember campaign this year from these gorgeous bearded guys.
REMEMBER: Go like the Juut Facebook page and for every new like we will donate $1 to Movember! So LIKE, SHARE, PIN, lower the razors and RAISE awareness!
Check out Aveda Congress Men's Team Lead, Tony Lickteig, explaining how he crafted these structured beards here.
Photographed by Michael Perez.
Calling all blondes! Halloween is quickly approaching and were going to show you how to style you hair just like Khaleesi Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones!
1) Starting on the right side, take a loose section, starting above the brow. Grabbing hair from only the left, french braid back. Temporarily hold the end with a clip.
2) Do the same to the left side. Clip both braids out of the way.
3) Leaving hair hanging down the middle, continue french braiding the hair above the ears and under the already braided hair.
4) Let down the first two braids and join them together, making one braid.
5) Take the remaining hair in the middle and make a 3-stranded braid.
6) Now you will have 4 braids to work with. Pull at the braids to create as much texture as desired
7) Braid the 4 braids together making one thick textured braid. Bind off with a small, clear binder.
8) Hair pins maybe used to place and hold braids where wanted.
9) Use a comb to back comb the tail of the braid. This will create a fuller look to finer ends.
10) Lastly, finish off with Aveda Air Control hairspray. If needing more hold, use Control Force hairspray.
Hair tutorial + styling by Kimberly C., Senior Stylist at Juut Salonspa Edina
Maybe we only see you once every 6 weeks, but now you can catch up with us everyday on Instagram!
Are you at Juut right now? Tag us in your photo @Juutsalonspa !
Instagram account name: JuutSalonspa
Here's what we've been 'grammin:
New products from Stephanie Johnson
Cutting edge nails (Nails in photo by Markus J.
Blonde transformations (color here by Erin
Style by Jackson
Glitter ombre nails by Sarah
Men's Cut by Sunny
Bridal makeup by Jasmine
Before + After transformations of Locks of Love haircuts (by Eduardo
Follow us on Instagram here
At Juut, we have over 40 artists newly certified in EasiHair extensions. EasiHair extensions are easy to apply and can be reapplied up to two additional times! Interested in having longer and/or thicker hair in only a couple hours? Here is everything you need to know before going long!
I don’t have all day, how long does it take?
The application of the extensions will take between one and two hours. Before you come in for your actual application, there will be a consultation appointment that will be less than one hour.
How much is a consultation?
The required pre-appointment consultation is free! It helps us order the correct extensions and answer any questions you may have.
Is it real hair?
Yes, EasiHair extensions are real hair that can be washed, dried and colored.
How are they applied?
These very durable tape-in extensions. They are so durable they can be comfortably worn in a tight sleek ponytail. These tape-in extensions are non-damaging, comfortable, natural and undetectable.
So how much?
EasiHair extensions starts at $300. Prices vary depending on how much hair is needed.
And I can put them back in?
The extensions themselves are reusable up to two times (three uses overall). Each application should last as long as your color will (six-eight weeks).
So, I can’t work out for six-eight weeks?
Since EasiHair Extensions can be washed and worn in a ponytail, it is easy to stick to your usual work out routine!
Long, hot, humid days can be a pain for any hair type, but don’t fret about your summer hair! We have compiled a list of the trendiest summer-proof and low maintenance hair for summer.
1. Loose Curls
Loose piecey waves, a la Zoe Saldana, can be achieved by curling 1-inch pieces with a curling iron, or by sleeping with wet braids in your hair. Finish with Be Curly hairspray.
2. Smooth Ponytail
Hayden Panettiere fights summer frizz with a sleek ponytail. How to achieve this look: Start with smooth infusion shampoo and conditioner. Apply smooth infusion glossing straightener and blow straight with a Mason Pearson brush. Use the Mason Pearson brush to create the smooth ponytail look, before securing the binder, add some volume at the crown with Volumizing Tonic.
3. Long Bob
Transform this sleek haircut into a full-blown summer look with a blonde sun-kissed balayage.
4. Low Buns
This smooth polished style is very low maintenance for all day wear.
See more summer inspiration on our Summer Pinterest board!
If you are considering putting color in your hair, here are 10 things you need to know before committing to your new look:
1. A one-step color consists of tinting all of your hair a different tone or level. A permanent one-step color should be retouched every 4-6 weeks. Permanent color is the ONLY way to get complete grey coverage.
2. Coloring your hair will change its texture. Hair is softer and healthier after a color treatment. Grey hair feels much less wiry and is easier to manage.
3. Color can't lighten color. Once committed to a permanent shade, the option to lighten the hair becomes a 2-step process. Natural hair has the ability to become 5 shades lighter without bleaching. If you are debating between 2 shades, start with the lighter image, you can always go darker next time.
4. Aveda has a demi-permanent hair color line that is 99% natural, lasts 6-8 weeks, and is ammonia free. If you are going darker without needing grey coverage, I recommend a demi-gloss to keep options open and hair smooth and shiny.
5. Bleach actually DOESN’T damage hair (IF used properly). Breakage occurs from the chemical overlapping itself or poor time management. Bleach can be formulated to work as slow or fast as an artist desires. I believe Aveda Enlightener is the most gentle bleach on the market. With natural buffers and plant extracts hair is protected during the lifting process.
6. Sun and shampoo are the two main reasons hair color fades. Protect your new look by shampooing with Color Conserve Shampoo. Letting your color go from wet to dry in the sun creates a high risk of fading. Aveda Sun Veil keeps hair protected for 16 hours and leaves awesome finish on the hair.
7. Balayage consists of hand painting highlights to create modern dimensional color. Balayage is the softest way to introduce color into your hair. One Ombré or Balayage service can last you all summer.
8. A new color should come with a maintenance plan. Most colors are maintained differently than they are created. Meaning you may spend more time and money initially to set it up your new look, but once it is installed, appointments become short and sweet. Most of my guests balayage their hair three times a year. They may maintain a one-step color more regularly in order to cover grey, manage dark or light new growth, or change their tone and add shine.
9. All Aveda color is customized individually, and every formulation is perfectly personalized. Colors consist of bases and tones expertly blended precisely for you.
10. Color and Cut Consultations are always complimentary if you have more questions before you're ready to ready to make a change!
Blog post by Lindsey Yozamp, Master Color Specialist. Lindsey has been with Juut since 2004. In addition to working at Gaviidae, Lindsey is a color educator at the Juut New Artists Academy.
"Punk Chaos to Couture" was the theme of this year's Costume Institute Gala. We loved the smokey eyes, spikes + studs, druzy jewelry and edgy hairstyles. So we thought we would try out some of our favorite punk trends!
Punk Hair Inspiration: Punk Hair Our Way:
Step 1. Wash hair, use Phomollient and Pure Abundance spray liberally
Step 2. Blow hair dry, at 70% dry paddle brush completely straight.
Step 3. Section from an inch above the temple, in an arch shape down head to about an inch below the ear.
Step 4. This braid is called an "on the scalp" or "cornrow". You begin as any French braid tucking pieces under each other instead of over. Braid all the way down using a band to tie off the ends.
Step 5. Use control force to spray hair and rough up the texture.
Smokey Eye Inspiration:
Smokey Eye Our Way:
The (super easy) Winged Smokey Eye
Step 1: Use the Damone Brow Highlighter as a base on the entire lid and up to the eyebrow.
Step 2: Line the top lid with Aveda Petal Essence eye liner. Apply in a thick line along the entire eye.
Step 3: Use the Aveda Smudger Brush to smooth the line and extend the liner into a cat eye.
Step 4: Crease lid with Aveda eye shadow. (We used Aura Petal Essence eye color here on Kathy.)
Step 5: Highlight inner eyes using Damone Brow Highlighter again.
Step 6: Finish with Mascara on top and bottom lashes.
Punk Trend our way:
*Featured jewelry by Jessica Matrasko available at Juut. Manicure by Sarah R. from Juut Roseville.
Thanks to Master Stylist, Heather Dietiker, for doing the hair in this post, and thanks to Senior Makeup Artist Jasmine D. for the makeup.
Both Artists from Juut Salonspa Roseville.
At Juut, we recently celebrated Daymaker Day (April 29) by giving away makeovers to some very deserving people!
Each Juut location formed a team and selected a model to get an overall style transformation.
Wayzata Team: Stephanie Domrose, Kari Ann Donnay
Woodbury Team: Allison B., Kaytie D., Cassandra G., Mari Gonzalez
St. Paul Team: Emmy Le, Lawkong Vue, Edie K., Amber Sorbo, Rebecca Libman, Renee A., Christine A.
Roseville Team: Marisa Bean, Ann F., Zach K., Jasmine D., Jo Lindell, Micah T., Jackson Black, Ashley L., Heather Dietker, Josh W., Courtney Ferguson
Models: Mike + Colleen
Gaviidae Team: Santa Fe Gates, Leah Luebbe, Elle Boller, Kelly Hegna, Cianna P., Stephanie Hansen
Southdale Team: Elle Bergquist, Dana Prawer, Paige Palma, Tasha Hager, Keilani Lee
Uptown Team: Elsie Landmark, Kristi Long
"After" Photography by Kelly Gritzmacher
Want to share your Daymaker stories? Check out the Daymaker Movement blog and Facebook page.
Spring has sprung! And so has one of the most fun trends of the year; the 60's!
From the hair, to the makeup to the patterns, the 60's are our inspiration for spring!
Louis Vuitton brought bright and bold to the runway this season. Bright solid colored
checkers as well as black and white was a huge trend at Louis Vuitton.
At Marc Jacobs, we see 60's beauty back in full swing including; thick graphic eyeliner,
big lashes, sharp brows, nude lip, hair teased at the crown with a severe side-part.
60's hair and makeup trends were also prevalent on models at Moschino and Louis Vuitton:
big eyelashes and side parts as well as volume at the crown of the hair.
Bold, bright colors and prints were a staple at Moschino. The 60's style brings
back bold colors and does away with the pastel.
Watch out for fun mod 60's-inspired accessories this spring!
Big thanks to Joel Gunderson for trend-spotting the 60's with us!
Allen Ruiz, Style Director, Global Artistic Team AVEDA, recently visited Juut!
Allen Ruiz, one of the most sought after educators in the industry spent an entire day sharing his knowledge and expertise with several Juut Artists.
These lucky Juut Artists had the opportunity to spend the day with Allen learning new layering techniques and styling tips.
Larissa Wong, Jen Hughes and Woody Theis were able to assist Allen during the class as the Artists began using the newly mastered cutting techniques. Allen often leads the New York Fashion Week shows that Larissa, Woody and Jen attend with Aveda.
The Juut Artists were happy to see that Allen is an inspirational educator among young and innovative hairdressers and a globally recognized artist.
Allen has worked with Aveda for more than 18 years, collaborating on the Company's global marketing campaigns, manufacturer advisory panels and trend collections. He is the owner of Jackson Ruiz SalonSpa, in his native Austin, Texas. In 2010, Allen was named North American Style Director for Aveda. Allen was named International Stylist of the Year at the 2011 Canadian Mirror Awards.
We feel so honored to have hosted Allen for the day at Juut as a part of our continued effort to provide the highest level of education possible to our Artists.