2. Start with a clean canvas by getting a brow wax. Maintain your shape with a brow wax every 3-4 weeks.
3. Trim any long brows using a spool to brush them upwards, then trimming across by using a straight scissor.
4. Fill in the brow using Damone Roberts Brow Shadow (we used the Minx color here on our model).
5. Highlight the browbone with the Damone Brow Highlighter (we used Pink-a-Boo here on our model).
Want to know more about Damone Roberts and his products? See when Damone visited Juut! Damone Roberts products ARE available at Juut!
Eyebrows by Liza J, Master Waxing Specialist at Juut St. Paul. Liza is also a
Makeup Artist at Juut and has been with Juut for over 6 years now. She
specializes in relaxing facials, reflexology, brow waxing, body waxing,
We know Valentine's Day is on a Thursday this year, but that doesn't mean you don't deserve to get glam for the night and celebrate love!
Don't forget to book your blowout (starting at just $15), wax, makeup and all things gorgeous for Valentine's Day (or single ladies night out)!
In the meantime, here are a few facts you didn't know about Valentine's Day, men & relationships:
1. Why did you decide to get into the beauty industry?
I decided to get into the beauty industry because it provides opportunities to express one’s creativity while making people feel great. I have always had an interest in fashion and music and I feel that great hair always plays big role in those areas.
2. What is your favorite part of the industry?
I’d have to say that my favorite part of this industry is working with amazing artists on photo sets and fashion shows. From those I am able to push the bar of creativity, get inspired and bring that excitement back to the salon to share with my guests. Then, together create a look that is both fashionably current and suitable for the individual guest.
3. How did you begin your journey with Juut Salonspa?
After moving from L.A. I visited many upscale salons in the Twin Cities. I was very impressed with the way Juut stood out. There is an extreme attention to customer care and ongoing education opportunities for Juut’s staff. When I first walked in, I felt at home.
4. Who is your style icon?
My style icon is David Bowie. He has reinvented himself countless times, from the way he looked, to his stage persona, to his music style. He had always done it well.
5. What’s the most exciting thing you’ve done as a hairstylist?
I have had the opportunity to travel globally teaching haircutting classes, working at fashion shows and photo shoots. The things I have seen and learned while traveling have been most exciting.
Michael Perez is originally from Los Angeles, California. He has served as Creative and Education Director for Toni and Guy salon as well as International Creative Director for TIGI. Check out his online biography here, or connect with him on Facebook. He is now taking clients in Juut Wayzata.
Robbie Jacobs, Studio Stylist and Daymaker at Edina, was rocking a trendy winter look at Southdale this week.
Steal this look:
Faded gingham button up
Similar here: J.Crew, $64.50
Similar here: J.Crew, $74.50
Similar here: Etsy, $16.00
Looking for more men's style inspiration? Check out our Men's board on Pinterest!
Ever wonder how your friends get that effortlessly chic curly look? Heather shows us how easy it can be! (Really! You can do it!)
1. Place the top 2/3 of your hair in a clip on the top of your head. Begin taking 1-inch sections and curling them towards the center of your head. Slowly remove sections of hair from curling iron leaving the curl in tact, spray with AVEDA Control Force hairspray.
2. Let the middle third of your hair down from the clip. Continue curling 1-inch sections towards the center of your head, spray with hair spray.
3. Take the final section of hair down from the clip. Curl the 1-inch sections from around your face AWAY from your face. Both sides of your part should be curled away from your face.
4. Once you've finished curling all your hair, spray with hair spray.
5. To break up the curls, run your fingers through your hair, from hairline to crown.
6. Spray with hairspray again once you have finished shaking out the curls.
Looking for some more beauty how-to's ? Check out our Pinterest board!
Hillary Duff's chic wedding hair was the perfect combination modern and young for her wedding back in 2010. Duff's wedding hair was the beginning of the seemingly ever-lasting top knot
trend. We think Duff's chic and classy take on the top knot perfect for holiday party hair!
, from Juut Roseville, shows us how to achieve this look with less than 10 bobby pins!
What you'll need:
- hair binder
- Mason Pearson brush
- bobby pins
- Aveda control force hair spray
1. Start with a sleek high pony tail.
2. Back comb the pony tail with a fine toothed comb, this helps with the 'undone' look of this bun.
3. Using a Mason Pearson brush, (or any other hairbrush) start smoothing out the hair towards the face.
4. Pin the smoothed hair in place, continue using the brush to smooth the hair as you wrap and pin it.
5. Complete the bun by going around at least 1 full time.
6. Pin the final piece in (depending on the length of your hair this will be in different places).
7. Using the tail end of the fine toothed comb, even out and smooth any stray pieces in the bun.
8. Spray Aveda's Control Force for a strong hold.
It's holiday shopping crunch time! Just because you're low on time doesn't mean your gifts can't be perfectly thoughtful. Just in time, we've compiled a list of the top gifts at Juut this year!
Who wouldn't like the gift of no stress? This Aveda gift set includes a full sized stress-fix body lotion, aroma rollerball and a limited edition stress-fix soaking salts. This holiday gift set is available at Juut for $66.
A perfect stocking stuffer, the shimmer gift set features 2 limited edition AVEDA lip shines. This holiday gift set is available at Juut for $18.
The gift of warmth gift set includes the new warm and spicy aroma of this year's holiday candle from AVEDA. This soy wax candle has a clean burn and is a warm addition to any holiday decor. This holiday gift set is available at Juut for $29.
This gift set is for the jet-setting business man in your life. It includes a full size AVEDA men's shampoo, travel-sized shave cream and travel-sized dual action after shave. This holiday gift set is available at Juut for $38.
Hot Shopping Tip:
Head to Juut this weekend to save 20% on all retail purchases (including these gift sets)!
Take this fishtail braid from day to night in a few simple steps! We showed you how to master the fishtail braid here, so now here's a simple way to dress it up.