The hot summer has officially arrived and shorts are being seen on legs up and down the block - and we're not talking cut-offs. A slew of different styles, from lace to neon, have hit shelves everywhere. Take a peek at our top picks for 2012 (from left to right)
- ASOS Lace Short with Scallop Edge: These babies come in three colors and can easily be transformed from daytime to night.
- ASOS Vero Moda Neon Board Shorts: A perfect high-waisted mini short to wear over a swim suit and with your favorite sandals.
- J.CREW Arrowhead ikat Short: This pattern was created from an antique Indian block print. Pair with a simple top and you'll be in business!
- J.CREW Chino, Lemon Zest: Want to highlight your booty? J.CREW's beloved casual short is back and bright.
- ZARA Gathered Short: Perfect for dressed up bare legs! Classy and convenient, the gathered short is complete with pockets.
- ZARA Jacquard Pattern Short: Who doesn't love seafoam? This mini short has front zipper detail and is doused in a pattern to die for!
- Urban Outfitters 5-pocket Short: These shorts are basic and necessary with a folded cuff finish adding that "extra little something."
- Urban Outfitters Starting at Stars Mariposa Short: Look less casual with these fitted and fully lined beauties. A hidden zipper and pockets polishes the lacey look!
Wanna hear more of our "short story?" We've collected a variety of styles to throw at you on our pinterest
To have great summer skin, we need to switch our skin care products from what we use in the winter months. For summertime, I recommend Aveda's Enbrightenment Skin Care
line. It has many different moisturizers for every skin type - dry or oily. It also has a correcting serum
that everyone should be using! The Enbrightenment line targets discoloration from sun damage that is perfect during the summer.
Along with the Enbrightenment products, I would use a facial sunscreen of at least SPF15-30. Aveda offers a fantastic tinted moisturizer
with SPF 15 that is friendly to the skin. Many of us will apply sunscreen once in the morning, but to be truly effective at blocking out damaging rays, sunscreen should be reapplied every 1-2 hours. To help with any issues that may arise from applying sunscreen to skin, I recommend a facial or two during these months.
Another secret to looking great in the bright summer sun is to keep up on your waxing! Humid air encourages the growth of facial hair (which we have plenty of here) so waxing appointments become even more essential. A HUGE factor in maintaining soft, supple summer skin is to eat seasonally! This is true year round, but especially in the summer. Opt for locally grown, organic fruits and vegetables. And if you choose to do only one of these things, the MOST IMPORTANT tip I can give anyone is to drink water, water, and lots of water!! Hydration is a key component in maintaining clear, beautiful skin from your face to your feet.
Jen T. is the Esthician Director at JUUT and provides services at JUUT - Gaviidae. She started her journey in 2000 while attending the Aveda Institute and graduated with highest honors. Since then, she has experienced extensive training with Juut. Jen has a great passion for her career and is sure to make you look outstanding on the outside and feel beautiful inside.